October 5 - 6, 2013
Who can participate?
- All youth of legal hunting age 16 and under who have completed
a hunter safety class and have the appropriate Junior Hunting
- Parents or guardians are encouraged to attend but cannot hunt.
- Youth will be paired with an experienced hunter who will
guide youth in tracking and harvesting these elusive game birds.
What activities are included?
- Hunt with a guide all day Saturday: exact schedule to be
Sunday hunting is on your own.
- Practice hunting and wilderness safety.
- Learn more about Gambel's quail and apply this knowledge
in the hunt.
- Learn field care and dressing of harvested game.
- Tour the Safari Club International's Sensory Safari exhibit trailer.
- Rangers will provide talks, tours, and camp activities.
What about meals?
- Meals are provided for Saturday breakfast and dinner.
- Bring your own lunch for Saturday and all meals for Sunday.
- Black Canyon Group Campground at Hole-in-the-Wall,
Mojave National Preserve
- Directions: 20 miles north of I-40 on Essex and Black Canyon Roads.
- No hookups; water and pit toilets available.
How do I sign up?
- Space is limited to the first 50 youth to register. Late registrants
will be placed on a waiting list.
- Additional information will be sent to successful registrants.
Read the original National Parks Service article